If you have been wondering how to get that dream job as a sales manager, the first thing you have to do is make your resume stands out among the competition. The secret to making your resume shine is your objective statement. An objective statement is the first thing that a recruiter will see, and many won’t read past it. It tells the recruiter that you have read the job listing, understand it, and are capable of doing the job.
Here are some examples of powerful objective statements for sales managers:
Experienced Salesman Objective Statements
- Experienced sales manager with four years of exceeding sales targets looking for an opportunity to grow and motivate sales staff to accelerate sales revenue across all targets, bringing excellent communication and proven relationship-building skills.
- Effective sales manager with seven years’ experience in the beverage industry, seeking to bridge the gap between management and sales staff at XTC Company, to ensure budgets are met and the safety of the work environment.
- Tech-savvy sales leader with five years’ team management experience is looking to transform the sales team at Safety Co. by creating an exciting and inspirational work environment, to meet and exceed all sales and safety targets.
- Strategic high-energy sales executive with B.A. in Marketing seeks to utilize eight years’ experience in the building materials industry to develop strong area managers that can generate and convert leads.
- Pursuing the position of Sales Manager at SFT Global, with B.A. in Sales and 10 years’ experience as a traveling sales rep, to create and improve client relationships and optimize sales strategy.
- Motivated and engaging sales leader with Ph.D. in Life Sciences and eight years’ experience in direct sales, looking to grow and nurture the internal and external relationships at BG Tech by motivating sales executives and controlling the budget.
- Applying for the position of Regional Sales Manager to take advantage of B.S. in Engineering and four years’ marketing experience in food and beverage industry, bringing ability to grow the business through sales and customer relationships.
- Strong communicator with seven years’ experience in sales and business development, seeking to utilize B.A. in Marketing to direct sales personnel and negotiate new opportunities with targeted stakeholders.
- Enthusiastic sales manager with 10 years’ experience in wireless accessories would be thrilled to develop and implement effective strategies at TM Wireless, bringing ability to surpass business objectives and increase sales revenue.
- Tactical and outgoing individual with proven track record and eight years of direct sales and marketing experience, looking to grow the company by fostering inter-departmental relationships and exceeding client expectations.
- Self-driven motivational coach with effective communication and people skills seeking Sales Manager position, bringing ability to increase sales and awareness of services offered at Change Company.
- Knowledgeable service manager with four years’ experience seeking to utilize extensive customer service background to establish and ensure proper execution of a world-class sales strategy while developing, encouraging, and inspiring sales staff.
- Energetic and hardworking sales manager with seven years of experience and a B.A., applying for Sales Manager position at RT Co. to expand the brand’s presence by overseeing promotions, client relationships, product distribution, and optimizing training.
- Driven and results-oriented salesperson with three years of experience seeking a Sales Manager position at LV Inc. to use analytical ability and people skills to foster an enthusiastic sales team, oversee all aspects of sales, and collaborate with departments to ensure good communication flow.
Entry-Level Salesman Objective Statements
- Dedicated communications graduate with extensive experience in academic leadership positions and ability to travel, offering enthusiastic approach to sales and business development, to increase value propositions and the bottom line.
- Senior-year business student at PT University with current GPA:3.8, looking to join Perfect Products as a Sales Manager after graduation, seeking to leverage business knowledge and interpersonal skills to develop and motivate sales team to exceed targets.
- Effective communicator with sales motivation seeking to lead a sales team to achieve the company’s goals, coming with attention to detail and ability to make quick decisions for the benefit of the sales department.
- Seeking employment as Sales Manager at Logistic Solutions, to make use of B.A. in Business and significant sales appetite to help the sales team meet and exceed its goals through effective strategy and motivation.
- Senior year marketing student at ABC University (GPA: 3.3) applying for Sales Manager position at STATDC, seeking to utilize business knowledge to coach the sales staff and facilitate the full sales life cycle.
- Ambitious individual with B.S. in Chemistry, seeking Sales Manager position at MEd Equip to foster a team of knowledgeable staff and push sales objective to exceed targets.
- Self-motivated team player with long-term vision applying for sales management position, to utilize strategic thinking and problem-solving skills to transform the sales force and improve the sales approach.
- Seeking to apply a results-oriented approach and a motivational mindset to lead the sales team at XR Tech to become proactive goal-setters, coming with ability to inspire staff through brand knowledge and pride to exceed targets.
- MBA graduate with an affinity for sales seeking sales role, leveraging analytical personality with deep understanding of business fundamentals for the benefit of the corporate strategy.
- Seeking Sales Management position at VW Movers, to utilize strong business and financial acumen along with exceptional people skills to usher in a motivated sales force that will develop and maintain lasting relationships.
- Strong leader with motivational personality is excited to develop and execute a modern sales strategy that will see the sales team exceed their goals, bringing recent B.A. in Marketing for the benefit of the company through a modern approach.
- Assertive and outgoing individual with a desire to succeed and resilient attitude, looking to fulfill Sales Manager role at Outbound Inc., to support, motivate, and coach the sales team through leading by example.
- Final-year business student at UCT (current GPA: 3.8), looking to join HP Tools as a Sales Manager, aiming to optimize the company’s B2B position by building and maintaining existing relationships as well as generating new leads.
- Sales-driven personality with exceptional organizational and planning skills, seeking to grow the sales department as a strategic Sales Manager, with exceptional communication skills and a desire to exceed sales targets.
Career Change Salesman Objective Statements
- Dedicated and proficient IT systems administrator with over eight years of experience, seeking to leverage technical knowledge and interpersonal skills in a sales role at ZT International to help launch its new product.
- To utilize over 10 years of experience in a credit controller capacity and a can-do attitude in the medical industry for a Sales Manager role at Fed Well, to exceed sales targets, enhance the sales strategy, and control the sales system.
Sales are easier when you are knowledgeable and passionate about what you are selling. Choose sales positions in one or more industries where you have an interest in the underlying products or services, and can see yourself sticking in for years to come. Make sure to read about the industry, the company, and what it is selling before your interview. Luck is where opportunity meets preparation!
Keith Miller has over 25 years of experience as a CEO and serial entrepreneur. As an entrepreneur, he has founded several multi-million dollar companies. As a writer, Keith's work has been mentioned in CIO Magazine, Workable, BizTech, and The Charlotte Observer. If you have any questions about the content of this blog post, then please send our content editing team a message here.