Here are fifty heartfelt sympathy messages that will offer words of condolence for someone who has lost a child.
• May Christ, the one who called the little children to himself, hold your son in his arms until you are reunited in eternity.
• May God’s Spirit comfort you and your family as you grieve your precious daughter.
• Though we grieve, we don’t grieve in despair. For, Christ’s resurrection has given us hope that we will be reunited with your son in heaven. May we cling to that hope.
• Your daughter’s kind spirit and loving heart will be missed by all who knew her. She was a true example of faith, hope, and love. You have our deepest sympathies.
• Our condolences on the passing of your son, a beloved child of God. Take comfort knowing that he rests in the arms of his savior.
• He was a ray of sunshine, a joy to know, a child of God, and a friend to all. Your son was a true treasure who will be missed. You have our condolences.
• Our condolences on the passing of your beloved daughter. May the Good Shepherd comfort you with his rod and his staff, as he leads her home to Heaven.
• I will never forget your son’s love for God and others. He was truly an inspiration to all who knew him. May God comfort you during this season of grief.
• Your daughter’s unwavering faith and positive attitude in the face of so many struggles inspired everyone she knew. She will never be forgotten. You have our sympathies.
• May the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, bring you comfort as you grieve the loss of your cherished son. He was an inspiration to all who had the privilege of knowing him.
• I have always admired your daughter’s generous spirit and loving heart. She was a true example of godliness. You have our deepest sympathies during this time of grief.
• I can’t put the impact that your son had on me into words. He was always upbeat and lived out his faith through loving action. Though gone from this earth, he now rests in the presence of God.
• Our deepest condolences on the passing of your beloved daughter. May you find comfort in the same arms of God that now hold her.
• Always faithful. Always generous. Always kind. Your son made his mark on the world through his loving spirit and positive words. We are all better off for having known and loved him.
• God’s Spirit shone through your daughter’s words, attitudes, and actions. She showed us how to live a life that’s pleasing to our savior. May we live up to her steadfast example.
• I never forgot the kindness that your son showed me. He lived in such a way that God’s love was always on display. He will never be forgotten.
• Your daughter was the kind of person who lived the fruit of the Spirit – love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, and self-control. And those who knew her had an example they could follow. May we live up to her legacy.
• Everyone who knew your son could testify to his generous spirit and positive outlook. We were better because we knew him. You have our deepest sympathies.
• Though young, God’s wisdom was so evident in your daughter’s life. She always knew just what to say and when to say it. Her love and kindness will remain with us forever.
• I’ll never forget the way your son lived his life: a life of generosity, faithfulness, and love. He’s given us all an example to follow. May we follow him all the way home.
• Your son’s smile was contagious, and his heart inspired everyone he knew – myself included. Though he’s gone, he’ll never be forgotten. You have our deepest sympathies.
• Our condolences on the passing of your little girl. She was a true jewel – worth infinitely more than diamonds, rubies, or pearls. May we never forget how brightly she shone.
• Two little hands, two little feet, too little time with one so sweet. Your darling baby girl has passed on, but she will never be forgotten.
• His smile lit up every room he ever walked into. He never knew a stranger. And everyone who met him came away feeling encouraged. Your son will be dearly missed by all.
• Your son was one of those exceptional people who gets along with everyone – no matter how difficult they may be. His heart of love was seen by all who knew him. You have our deepest sympathies.
• Words cannot express the grief we felt when we heard about the loss of your son. He was a friend to all and a constant example of integrity and love. We grieve with you.
• Your daughter lived a fuller life in her short years than many of us will in decades. She was an example of strength and perseverance to all who knew her.
• I always admired your son’s positive attitude – even in the midst of so many problems and challenges. He has given us all an example to follow when we walk through dark times. You have our deepest sympathies.
• Our hearts broke when we heard of the passing of your sweet daughter. She was so loving and kind, with a word of encouragement always on her lips. She will never be forgotten.
• Your son will always hold a special place in our hearts. He was the kind of person we all aspire to be – selfless, generous, and loving. May we strive to be what he was.
• As we think about your daughter, we can’t help but remember all the times she showed kindness when she didn’t have to. She was a true jewel who will be missed by all.
• Your daughter’s quiet faithfulness and steadfast love was on display for all to see – though she didn’t want the attention. Her memory will not be forgotten.
• We can remember so well the joy and laughter that seemed to follow your son everywhere he went. And our hearts broke at the thought of its absence. You have our condolences.
• Tears filled our eyes when we heard about the passing of your beloved daughter. She was always such a joy to be around and we never heard her speak an unkind word of anyone. You have our deepest sympathies.
• Your son was always the life of the party. Everyone knew who he was – and loved him. He will never be forgotten. You have our condolences.
• A beloved daughter, too soon gone. And yet, we’re left with so many good memories of her smile, her laugh, and her warm presence. May you take comfort in the time you had together during this season of grief.
• Your son has always been an example of faithfulness. Everyone who knew him knew that they could rely on him. And now, we rely on his memory to carry us through.
• Losing a child is one of the hardest things you’ll ever experience. But you can take comfort in knowing that your daughter made her mark on the world – and we’re all better off for it.
• Our hearts are broken over the loss of your son. He always wore a smile and lived the kind of joy-filled life that we all wish we could experience. May his memory give you comfort as you grieve.
• I will never forget the love that your daughter showed our family. She was a true example of the best of humanity. And she will be missed by all who knew her.
Some of the Best Religious Sympathy Messages to Use
• I am praying for you to find healing through the Lord’s infinite love. Lend Him your worries and take comfort that He is always by your side.
• Although we may not understand the tragedies in life, we are always in the Lord’s hands. We’re praying that you find healing comfort.
• May you find strength and healing from the eternal love of our Lord God. He is with us even through our darkest hours.
• Our family is praying for your healing. Know that the Lord is with you and keeps you in His light through times of darkness.
• Please accept my deepest sympathies and know that my prayers are with you now and always. May God heal you in His infinite graces, and bless you with His love.
• We offer our deepest condolences during this difficult time. May you find comfort in the presence of the Lord, your healer.
• We pray that the Good Shepherd would comfort and lead you as you walk through this dark valley. May his goodness and mercy find you as you wait.
• I pray that God would make his mercy and presence known to you in each moment of the day, no matter how difficult or challenging. You have my deepest sympathies.
• We don’t always understand why things happen the way they do. But we know we have a God who can hold us up, come what may. We pray for God’s sustaining presence for you during this difficult time.
• We pray that Christ, the Bread of Life, would satisfy your every need as you endure these difficult moments. You have our deepest sympathies.
Best Bible Verses to Include in a Sympathy Card
He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the Lord.
Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Please take a moment to pin this post to Pinterest.
Keith Miller has over 25 years of experience as a CEO and serial entrepreneur. As an entrepreneur, he has founded several multi-million dollar companies. As a writer, Keith's work has been mentioned in CIO Magazine, Workable, BizTech, and The Charlotte Observer. If you have any questions about the content of this blog post, then please send our content editing team a message here.