Here are 40 very thoughtful sympathy messages to give someone who is grieving from the loss of a husband. These words of condolence will convey your heartfelt sympathies.
• Our condolences on the passing of your husband. He was a dear friend and a wonderful man of God. His legacy will not be forgotten.
• Scripture tells us that those who die in the Lord will have their deeds follow them. Truly, the good works and unwavering kindness of your husband will follow him for years to come.
• The fruit of God’s Spirit could always be seen in the life of your husband. That’s why he was so loved by all who knew him. May we live in a manner worthy of his legacy.
• Your husband was a true man of God – always faithful, loving, and hopeful. He showed us all what it means to be a ‘Christian.’
• I will always remember how faithful your husband was – even in the smallest of things. His steadfastness now calls all of us to live in the same way before God and others.
• Our deepest sympathies on the passing of your husband. He never failed to live the faith he professed. And his life now serves as an example for all to follow.
• I always admired the way your husband made Jesus real to me. He was never showy or proud. Instead, he lived a life of constant love that was seen by all.
• We’re praying for you during this season of grief. And we believe that your husband – so faithful in this life – now watches over you and your family. May you find comfort in the presence of God.
• Jesus told us that a sparrow could not fall to the ground without God’s notice. How much more must God have noticed the passing of your beloved husband – a man who modeled godliness. We pray that God would comfort you as you grieve.
• Your husband was the definition of the word ‘Christian.’ He was faithful, loving, generous, and hospitable. Every time we were in need, he was there to help. We give thanks for him and remember you in our prayers constantly.
• Our hearts filled with grief when we heard about the passing of your beloved husband. He lived a selfless life and always thought of others first. We will never forget the kindness he showed us – again and again. And we can only repay that kindness by praying for you.
• Joy followed your husband everywhere he went. There was always a smile on his lips and a laugh in his voice. He made the joy of the Lord real. He will not be forgotten.
• Your husband was a constant source of wisdom and understanding to all who knew him. And we’re better off because we had the chance to hear God speak through him. You have our deepest sympathies.
• He was larger than life. A joy to be around. And he always had a kind word on his lips. I will never forget your husband’s big heart and godly love. We are praying for you and your family during this difficult time.
• During times when I needed direction, your husband was there to help point me in the right way. I don’t know where I’d be today without him.
• I’ll never forget the way your husband made God’s presence real to me. He showed me what a true Christian looks like. And for that, I’ll never forget him.
• Your husband always reminded me of the Parable of the Good Samaritan. He lived the kind of life that always puts others first and is constantly on the lookout for ways to help. His heart and hands will never be forgotten.
• Though my heart grieves with you over the loss of your husband, I take comfort in knowing that he rests safely in the arms of God.
• Though your husband is gone from this earth, he’s left behind a legacy that will not be soon forgotten – and a hope that we will one day be reunited.
• Your husband’s faith was a constant inspiration to me and everyone who knew him. His prayers were confident. His love was pure. And he will not be forgotten.
• I will never forget the kindness your husband showed me when I was in need. He put the best of humanity on display and will be missed by all because of it. You have our deepest sympathies.
• Your husband was always there to lend a helping hand. He never complained. He was one of those few people in life that you can genuinely count on, no matter what. And for that, he will be sorely missed by all.
• Words cannot describe how much we’ll miss the man who made you a happy Mrs. Our hearts grieve with you over the loss of your husband.
• Your husband was a one-of-a-kind man who always had just the right thing to say. We will miss his timely words and kind heart.
• I’ve never met a man who was more in love with life than your husband. He made everyone around him more grateful. And he won’t soon be forgotten.
• Few people can remain so positive in the face of so many problems. And yet, your husband did. His faithfulness and integrity will remain a beacon of encouragement to us all.
• Scripture tells us that there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. Truly, your husband was that kind of friend to me. And for that, I give thanks.
• Your husband always seemed to know the right thing to do. He was never caught off guard and never seemed to lose focus. His faithfulness will serve as an example for us all.
• Our condolences on the loss of your husband. He was the kind of man who everyone could get along with – a true friend and an example of consistent love.
• You have our deepest sympathies. Your husband’s love for you was evident to everyone who knew you. And it inspired us all to love more deeply.
• My heart breaks over the loss of your husband. He was always there for us, he never hesitated to help in any way that he could, and he lived the kind of life that anyone would be proud of.
• I always admired your husband’s integrity and honesty. He was the kind of man you could shake hands with and know that he would do whatever he’d said. He will be missed.
• Laughter filled every room your husband was in. He was the kind of person who never met a stranger and who encouraged everyone around him. We give thanks for his full and faithful life.
• Your husband was a man known for his wisdom. His advice was nearly always on the mark. We will miss his timely words more than we can say.
• Words cannot express our hearts for you as you go through this season of grief. Your husband was a rock who could always be counted on.
• Your husband was the kind of man who made everyone around him want to strive to be better, more faithful, more loving. He will be dearly missed.
• You have our deepest condolences on the passing of your husband. He lived the kind of life we all aspire to – one filled with friends, family, and many unforgettable memories.
• I will never forget the moment I met your husband. His big smile and kind voice made him a larger-than-life presence that will not soon be forgotten.
• Your husband was an inspiration to all who knew him. His kind words, generous spirit, and positive attitude reminded everyone around him that the really important things in life are the simple things.
• Though I grieve with you over the loss of your husband, I also give thanks for having known such a kind and loving man. He will not be forgotten.
Some of the Best Religious Sympathy Messages to Use
• I am praying for you to find healing through the Lord’s infinite love. Lend Him your worries and take comfort that He is always by your side.
• Although we may not understand the tragedies in life, we are always in the Lord’s hands. We’re praying that you find healing comfort.
• Please accept my deepest sympathies and know that my prayers are with you now and always. May God heal you in His infinite graces, and bless you with His love.
• We offer our deepest condolences during this difficult time. May you find comfort in the presence of the Lord, your healer.
• We pray that Christ, the Bread of Life, would satisfy your every need as you endure these difficult moments. You have our deepest sympathies.
Best Bible Verses to Include in a Sympathy Card
He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the Lord.
Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Please take a moment to pin this post to Pinterest.
Keith Miller has over 25 years experience as a CEO and serial entrepreneur. As an entreprenuer, he has founded several multi-million dollar companies. As a writer, Keith's work has been mentioned in CIO Magazine, Workable, BizTech, and The Charlotte Observer. If you have any questions about the content of this blog post, then please send our content editing team a message here.