An objective statement is your first chance to capture the employer’s attention. Writing a powerful objective statement for your CV or resume will help you land the job as an Administrative Assistant. As the first part of your resume, the objective statement is vital to making a good first impression and convincing the employer to look more closely at you for the job. It is important to communicate that you understand what it takes to be an excellent Administrative Assistant and that you are the best applicant for the job.
Below is a selection of objectives statements for Administrative Assistants with a range of experience to guide you in writing a strong objective statement for your resume:
Experienced Administrative Assistant Objective Statements
- To obtain an administrative assistant position, contributing demonstrated experience in efficiently supporting teams in fast-paced environments, coordinating external and internal meetings and conference calls across multiple time zones, and maintaining contact databases.
- To undertake the role of Administrative Assistant at Parker & Stanley, applying three years’ experience in general administrative and clerical support, filing, covering reception desk, and assisting the Human Resources and Finance departments as needed.
- Versatile administrative assistant with meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills gained through over 15 years of providing superb administrative support to top-tier organizations, seeking to dedicate my experience, energy, and can-do attitude to a demanding position.
- Enthusiastic team player seeking an Administrative Assistant role at State University, bringing knowledge acquired over two years of providing administrative support in higher education and a passion for exceeding expectations.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills is looking for an administrative assistant position in a fast-paced environment where organizational, time management and advanced Microsoft skills can be utilized to execute tasks on time, under pressure, and with excellence.
- Experienced self-starter with four years’ experience seeking Administrative Assistant position in ABC Bank, where advanced organizational skills, good judgment in confidential situations, strong interpersonal and communication skills, excellent phone etiquette and exceptional ability to manage competing priorities can be utilized to support the team.
- Seeking an administrative assistant position in a fast-paced environment to utilize extensive experience in performing general administrative duties, including clerical, organizational, and catering related tasks, bringing hardworking attitude and demonstrated integrity.
- Detail-oriented and dependable individual with four years’ experience, skilled in a range of administrative duties including transcription, document management, event organization and invoice preparation, looking to support a fast-paced team as an administrative assistant.
- Hardworking and efficient administrative assistant experienced in corporate event planning, calendar management, minute taking, and drafting a range of communications for internal and external use, seeks to add value to White Inc.’s team by bringing experience and ability to work under pressure.
- Highly-qualified and proactive team player with over 10 years’ experience as an administrative assistant, bringing exceptional organizational and communication skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time to a busy team.
- Experienced administrative assistant, highly skilled in supporting global teams across time zones, arranging travel, maintaining office functions, and directing phone calls, seeks to join an international company in a demanding role to utilize ability to work well under pressure and contribute to the smooth operation of the team.
- To serve as an Administrative Assistant at Medical General, coming with expertise in performing a variety of medical office support functions with detailed focus and accuracy, ranging from receptionist duties to managing patient records while maintaining confidentiality.
- Friendly and detail-oriented problem solver seeking an administrative assistant position, bringing seven years’ experience providing efficient calendar coordination, event planning, and expense tracking, among other clerical tasks.
- Highly-motivated and well-organized administrative assistant with six months of experience on a temp basis, seeking permanent position where English/Spanish bilingual skills, strong administrative and clerical skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office products, and ability to work independently can be utilized for the benefit of the company.
- Very presentable and well-organized team player looking to support and anticipate needs of fast-paced team with multitasking and project management skills as well as ability to take ownership of complex communication processes as an administrative assistant, leveraging fours years’ experience.
- Highly professional and experienced executive administrative assistant with 15 years’ experience, bringing sense of urgency, exceptional communication and computer skills, highest integrity, and the ability to get along well with all levels throughout the organization.
Entry-Level Administrative Assistant Objective Statements
- Recent college graduate (GPA: 3.4) seeking an administrative assistant role to utilize organizational capabilities, proficiency in Microsoft software, 70 wpm typing, and ability to multi-task, working in a professional environment.
- Seeking the position of Administrative Assistant at Smith Corporation to support a busy team through leveraging organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as a proactive approach to anticipating the needs of managers.
- Newly-graduated, responsible and polished high school student (GPA: 3.1), seeking to develop and refine my administrative and clerical abilities, bringing excellent verbal and written communication skills, exceptional computer skills, high energy, and attention to detail.
- Poised and detail-oriented professional looking for an administrative assistant position where strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, sense of urgency and ability to multitask can be utilized to anticipate the needs of a team.
- Self-motivated and driven team player looking for the position of Administrative Assistant with Peterson Architects to apply organizational, communication, and coordination skills to a fast-paced role.
- Senior-year self-starter at State University (current GPA: 3.2), seeking to provide high-quality support as an administrative assistant, bringing exceptional computer skills, devoted focus, and strong desire to continually improve and add value to a team.
- Responsible and reliable individual looking for an administrative assistant position, bringing a strong work ethic, eagerness to learn, organizational skills, and computer mastery, seeking to support a busy team.
- Detailed-oriented high-energy professional seeking an administrative assistant position to dedicate exceptional computer skills, multi-tasking ability and organizational capabilities to support a team and work under pressure to meet deadlines with excellence.
- To secure an administrative assistant position where my commitment to customer satisfaction and superior organizational capabilities are utilized, bringing time management, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills to supporting a team.
- Highly-organized and reliable go-getter seeking an administrative assistant position to support an active team, when needed and how needed, coming with proactive problem-solving capabilities, attention to detail and a passion for organization.
- Seeking the position of an administrative assistant, bringing extensive computer and technology ability, excellent written and verbal communication skills, multi-tasking capabilities, 75 wpm typing, a great telephone presence, and a hardworking can-do attitude.
- Team player looking for an Administrative Assistant position at XYZ Company where exceptional organization, communication, and computer skills will quickly add value and contribute to the smooth functioning of the office environment.
- Eager and proactive recent high school graduate (GPA: 3.8) seeking employment as an administrative assistant, coming with can-do attitude and high energy, looking to utilize organizational and computer skills to get up to speed quickly and add value to the organization.
- Self-starter with relentless attention to detail and a commitment to continuous improvement seeking administrative assistant role in the healthcare industry where ability for solving complex problems and executing tasks with excellence can be used to make the company operate more smoothly.
- Recent high school graduate looking to secure administrative assistant role within Smith Independent School District where effective communication skills, ability to form genuine human relationships with nearly everyone, and excellent computer and word processing skills can be utilized to support teachers and school staff.
- Diligent and proactive team player with unbeatable work ethic seeking administrative assistant role, bringing professional appearance, excellent time management and organizational skills, 60+ wpm, and exceptional verbal and written communication skills to anticipate the needs of and add value to the team.
Career Change Administrative Assistant Objective Statements
- Adaptable data entry clerk seeking to transition into the role of an administrative assistant in a fast-paced office, coming with over 10 years’ experience in detail-oriented data entry (90 wpm), unparalleled accuracy, a professional phone presence, and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Seeking to change careers and secure the position of Administrative Assistant at F&M Partners, bringing significant experience as a copyrighter, demonstrating exceptional written and verbal communication skills, an aptitude for drafting, and a passion for supporting superiors in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- To serve as an Administrative Assistant at Jones Consulting, bringing two years’ experience as a case clerk supporting lawyers in a high-pressure environment, experience with a wide variety of professional software, and 24/7 availability.
Now that you have seen a variety of sample objective statements make sure you carefully read the requirements for the job posting. Try to capture the most important job requirements in your objective statement. It is best if you can write your objective statement, then put it away for a day or two, then pull it out and proof it. By letting it sit for a couple of days, you will catch more errors, and it is critical that your objective statement is free from errors. If you have a friend who can look at it, that is another good option. Good luck!
Keith Miller has over 25 years experience as a CEO and serial entrepreneur. As an entreprenuer, he has founded several multi-million dollar companies. As a writer, Keith's work has been mentioned in CIO Magazine, Workable, BizTech, and The Charlotte Observer. If you have any questions about the content of this blog post, then please send our content editing team a message here.