Why do you need an objective statement? A recruiter will spend only a matter of seconds reviewing your resume, and your objective statement is your “hook.” It needs to draw the reader into the rest of your resume, instead of the reviewer setting your resume aside and moving onto the next candidate. The objective statement is strategically placed right at the top of your resume. It can give the recruiter confidence that you understand the requirements of the job and will be able to deliver them to a high standard. This post will help you write a compelling objective statement for your resume to help you land a sales role by selling yourself effectively.
Below are a variety of examples of objectives statements for salesperson roles to help guide you as you write one for your own resume:
Experienced Salesman Objective Statements
- Results-oriented professional seeking a Sales Representative position at Clark & Co, bringing four years of experience, excellent communication skills, and an adaptable attitude for addressing change and challenges.
- Outgoing problem-solving sales professional with six years of experience, a passion for prospecting and resolving customer complaints, and a familiarity with CRM platforms. Seeking to take my career to the next level by contributing to the growth of a mid-level organization.
- Flexible, personable salesperson with a proven track record and five years of experience exceeding sales targets by an average of 10%, seeking a new and challenging role with New Market Capital.
- Experienced sales professional with excellent communication skills looking for a sales role in a financial institution, bringing a depth of knowledge of financial service products gained over 10 years in the finance industry.
- Engaging and energetic individual, accomplished in reaching target clients, seeking a salesperson role with a growing organization to apply over three years of professional sales and marketing expertise.
- Proactive and results-driven salesperson with a proven track record, looking for a new role in the hospitality sector, bringing eight years of experience with corporate sales teams across the industry.
- Motivated and personable saleswoman with three years of experience seeking a sales role at ExCom to apply my client-facing interpersonal skills and increase uptake of services from existing clients while winning new business to grow the company.
- Strategic and communicative sales professional and an informed understanding of the competitor landscape seeking to contribute nine years of experience to a fast-paced sales environment.
- Accomplished problem-solving salesperson with two years of experience and a superb track record in generating new business, seeking to take the next step in my career at MJP Limited working to diversify the company’s client base in a strategic manner.
- Forward-thinking and detail-oriented salesperson with strong negotiation skills and 12 years of experience generating a rich pipeline of opportunities and surpassing sales targets based on a solid understanding of the industry and excellent verbal and writing communication skills, looking to apply this expertise in a challenging sales environment.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to match industry products to client needs, looking to apply seven years of experience to the open position of Associate Sales Director at Garber Inc.
- Extensively experienced and highly motivated salesman seeking to apply my 18 years of sales expertise as Head of Sales at Kramer Limited, bringing a deep understanding of the industry and an enthusiasm for leading sales teams, driving profitable growth, and mitigating risk.
- To obtain a lead role in sales to bring over 12 years of experience in wholesale distribution and client management, driving commercial excellence in sales execution and improving sales team capabilities with clearly defined targets and plans.
- Experienced and effective sales professional with two years of experience seeking a Sales Associate position with EcoComm Inc., coming with a demonstrated ability to hit target sales, increase net revenue, and raise the company profile to stand out among its competitors.
- To obtain a sales role in a growing organization, coming with over a decade of experience of surpassing sales objectives and proactively fostering the professional development of junior colleagues.
Entry-Level Salesman Objective Statements
- Outcome-driven problem-solving high school graduate looking to join the sales team at Markham Limited, able to work in high-pressure settings, available 24/7, and dedicated to achieving and surpassing set sales targets. Have my own insured vehicle and am available to travel daily throughout my assigned territory.
- Professionally hungry go-getting recent graduate looking for the first step in a sales career in commercial real estate, bringing an understanding of online sales strategies gained through my internship experience during my studies and an eagerness to engage in high-volume canvasing and sales lead follow-ups.
- Driven young professional aspiring to a career in sales and marketing, looking to apply my enthusiasm and B.A. in Business Administration to a sales role with the ambition to progress rapidly. Available for extensive travel and weekend/overnight travel.
- To obtain a sales position to gain professional experience prospecting to acquire business while contributing to the growth of an organization and working as part of a team to maximize profit.
- Motivated and adaptable early career sales professional seeking to undertake the role of Junior Sales Associate at Roland and Co., aiming to contribute to the company’s growing international sales team utilizing my computer and communication skills and outgoing personality.
- Seeking a sales role in a fast-paced Fortune 500 company to apply my soft skills and knowledge gained through business administration studies in a tangible manner to contribute to company success.
- To obtain a Sales Associate role at Oliver Co., looking to apply my understanding of online marketing platforms and contribute to digitizing sales to quickly achieve targets.
- Early career salesperson with effective communication skills and a passion for meeting goals seeking a stimulating sales role, dedicated to working collaboratively as a team to achieve sales targets and contributing to the advancement of the company.
- Outgoing recent graduate seeking to obtain a sales role with GHM Company. Optimistic and reliable team player and an effective communicator with familiarity with Zoho CRM looking to help grow the business.
- Dedicated and adaptable individual looking to join a fast-paced sales team, seeking to develop existing skills and gain new ones while contributing to achieving sales targets.
- Thick-skinned personable recent graduate looking for a role in sales, bringing excellent client engagement skills, a dedicated work ethic, and a commitment to learning.
- Undeterred highly personable and highly motivated team player looking to undertake a Sales Associate position with Market Linx to contribute to the success of the organization as well as gain first-hand experience in sales and customer complaint resolution.
- Clear communicator with ability to adjust to various personalities looking for a Junior Sales role to apply my soft skills, education, and skills gained through my recently completed business administration studies while contributing to the growth of Mega Corporation.
- Seeking a sales position to contribute to a high-performing sales team within a large organization, while applying my emotional intelligence, problem-solving skills, and marketing skills.
- Strong communicator and recent business and marketing graduate looking to apply my academic knowledge and diligent follow-up skills to a sales position with Uptown Marketing.
- To launch my sales and marketing career as a Sales Assistant, looking to apply knowledge gained during obtaining a B.A. in Business and to gain and master new skills.
Career Change Salesman Objective Statements
- A highly motivated and organized administrative professional looking to begin the next chapter of my career by undertaking a Sales Associate role at Lander Inc., bringing excellent communication and networking skills.
- Knowledgeable and highly personable nurse with over 15 years of experience seeking to utilize my medical knowledge in a pharmaceutical sales role, bringing a deep understanding of practitioner and patient needs and an enthusiasm for learning new skills.
- Adaptable freelance illustrator with three years of experience looking to leverage canvassing and prospecting skills for a new career in sales, bringing excellent communication skills and a creative, solutions-oriented approach to challenges.
To persuade your reader that you deserve an interview, you should closely read the entire job listing to ensure you know what skills and experience the employer is looking for in candidates, and draft your objective statement from that job listing. Clearly articulating your strengths and understanding of what a company needs in an opening objective statement allows you to communicate to the company that you are a qualified applicant who understands their needs and is worth interviewing.
Keith Miller has over 25 years experience as a CEO and serial entrepreneur. As an entreprenuer, he has founded several multi-million dollar companies. As a writer, Keith's work has been mentioned in CIO Magazine, Workable, BizTech, and The Charlotte Observer. If you have any questions about the content of this blog post, then please send our content editing team a message here.