Do you know that the average recruiter spends less than 8 seconds looking at a resume for a job application? This post will help you write a powerful objective statement and get noticed for your dream role as a software engineer. The objective statement is one of the first things that a hiring manager sees, and so it is vital that you make a strong first impression. In your objective statement, you have to concisely convince a hiring manager that you understand what the job entails and that you are the best candidate for the job.
Below are a variety of examples of objectives statements for software engineers to help you as you write one for your own resume:
Experienced Software Engineer Objective Statements
- To undertake a challenging role as a Software Engineer, applying skills gained through four years of experience as a programmer, experienced in developing software for browser-based and mobile applications. Bringing an M.S. in Computer Science and a strong work ethic.
- Self-starting team player seeking a Software Engineer role at Gig Tech, bringing seven years of experience, a high degree of comfort working in a Linux/Unix environment, and a solid understanding of systems architecture and hardware components.
- Driven and patient mid-career software engineer looking to undertake a new challenge in a major financial institution, experienced in developing core applications for banks and working closely with business partners in defining requirements for bank applications.
- Experienced software engineer with attention to detail looking to join Launch Corp. as a Front-End Developer. Skilled in interpreting visual mockups to develop a variety of software applications, and in collaborating with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experienced communicative software developer looking to take my career to the next level in the Development Lead position with DesignTech, coming with over five years of experience finding creative and feasible solutions and proactively mentoring junior team members.
- Detail-oriented creative problem-solver looking to join for a position as a Software Engineer, bringing over six years of experience working in Java, XML, and R, among others.
- To obtain a software engineer role to utilize my three years’ experience with enterprise systems, software design, and development of large-scale applications across Java and a range of technologies over the full software development lifecycle to provide support to business users and address technical questions.
- Experienced and reliable software engineer seeking a position with a tech start-up to be part of an innovative and creative team developing technical platforms and products for a multitude of constituents, bringing four years of experience in Java, Python, C, C++, and a Master’s of Science in Advanced Mathematics.
- Driven software engineer seeking to apply my three years of experience in a software engineering position for software installation and configuration to support business users around the world. Experienced in working with international and remote teams effectively.
- Detail-oriented and creative team player seeking to join a progressive and inclusive company to utilize my skills and work collaboratively across teams to develop feasible solutions. Bringing six years of experience studying systems flow to develop software solutions.
- Reliable and skilled critical thinker looking to join Network Partners as a Software Engineer, bringing four years of experience working with mobile and web app teams to build APIs, infrastructure, and backend platform services in fast-paced and agile environments.
- Hardworking and creative software engineer seeking the role of Software Engineer at Chat2Bot, drawing on five years of experience developing API integrations and writing production code for mobile apps, holding a Master’s in Computer Science with a certification in Virtual Reality.
- Dedicated and efficient software engineer looking to obtain a position in a growing organization, bringing demonstrated expertise and five years’ experience in Android development and systems architecture.
- Experienced adaptable software engineer aiming to join the SD Solutions team as a Senior Software Engineer with seven years of experience in engineering solutions developing SD’s proprietary CRM into a market-leading platform. Bringing strong coding skills in Java, Python, and Go, experience in big data processing, strong knowledge of CRM functionality, and deep knowledge of Ad Sales automated processes and best practices.
- Enthusiastic and personable software engineer seeking to undertake the role of a Software Developer to apply my three years of experience designing and troubleshooting software.
Entry-Level Software Engineer Objective Statements
- Recent computer science graduate looking to pursue a career in software development, bringing skills in testing, troubleshooting, and coding along with practical experience gained through two summer internships at DigiTech and an unbridled enthusiasm for learning.
- Hardworking college graduate seeking the position of Junior Developer at XemCorp to apply my emotional intelligence and technical skills while working as part of a team and learning from senior software developers through designing, developing, and maintaining software for a range of products.
- Computer science college graduate looking for a Software Engineer position to communicate with the end-user to develop software and code with a wide range of technologies, including Java, Spring, messaging platforms, and other modern technologies utilizing my technical skills gained through my computer science studies.
- Dedicated and focused creative problem-solver seeking a position as a Software Developer in a growing tech company to apply my skills gained through my Master’s Degree in Computer Science and internship experience working to debug and customize software based on client feedback.
- Responsible and detail-oriented recent graduate with excellent analytical and soft skills seeking the position of Software Engineer at ModCom. Bringing a solid foundation gained through a knowledge of C++ and a B.S. in Computer Science with courses in Electronic Engineering.
- Flexible and enthusiastic coder seeking a position as a Software Developer to utilize my coding analysis skills and gain further experience writing readable code and building solutions for reliable services, apps, and websites.
- Agile and team-oriented recent graduate seeking a Software Engineer position in a dynamic and fast-growing team, aiming to apply my skills in agile development methodologies gained through my computer science studies in a practical way to contribute to the growth of a business.
- Enthusiastic early career software developer looking to assist the engineering team at ABC Bank and grow my knowledge of building tooling and services for Mac, Windows, and Linux desktops using my proficiency in Goland and Java, and scripting languages across operating systems.
- Early career software engineer looking to specialize in product development, seeking to join YomCom’s team to develop my technical and project management skills while contributing to the growth of the company.
- Reliable and detail-oriented full-stack developer seeking a role to support a fast-paced team to analyze user needs, identify needed system improvements, and build full life cycle process-oriented software.
- Detailed and communicative recent computer science graduate seeking to join a start-up tech firm to apply my skills to help grow the company and expand my knowledge and experience while delivering 110% effort and dedication to the company.
- Focused and enthusiastic coder seeking a Software Developer position in a growing organization to apply my skills gained through my master’s studies and experience as an engineering intern at TechCorp.
- Dedicated and eager recent college graduate seeking a Software Developer position to apply my creativity and knowledge of coding and study systems flow to investigate and develop solutions to identified problems.
Career Change Software Engineer Objective Statements
- Accomplished detail-oriented financial analyst looking to apply my analytical capabilities to a career in software development for financial business products. Bringing proficiency in Java and HTML, and skills for troubleshooting issues and tailoring software applications for their utilization by businesses.
- Analytical bookkeeper with three years of experience looking to transition into a Software Engineering role, leveraging my knowledge of C++ in a Linux environment, a strong understanding of computer systems, problem-solving skills, and enthusiasm for learning.
Now that you have seen several examples of objective statements for various software engineering positions at different levels of experience, your next step is to craft your own objective statement based on the skills required in the precise job description for which you are applying. Your goal is to quickly convey to your resume reader that you are a great candidate and deserve an interview. Good luck!
Keith Miller has over 25 years experience as a CEO and serial entrepreneur. As an entreprenuer, he has founded several multi-million dollar companies. As a writer, Keith's work has been mentioned in CIO Magazine, Workable, BizTech, and The Charlotte Observer. If you have any questions about the content of this blog post, then please send our content editing team a message here.