Here are 40 very sincere sympathy messages to pass on to someone who is mourning from the loss of their wife.
• Our sympathies on the passing of your wife. While with us, she was an angel on earth, helping everyone she could. Now, she stands as an angel in heaven, watching over all who loved her.
• She promised to love you until death parted you. And she kept her vow of love faithfully. We grieve with you over the loss of your beloved wife.
• Our prayers are with you during this difficult and trying time. We cherished every moment that we got to spend with you and your wife. And now that she’s gone, we will remember those moment all the more fondly.
• We pray that God will wrap his arms around you as you grieve the loss of your wife. Her example of faith and love were an inspiration to all who knew her.
• Your wife lived the fruit of the Spirit. Everyone who saw her could feel that quiet love and joy that can only be a product of God’s work in a life.
• We were deeply saddened at the news of your wife’s passing. She lived as an example of consistent faith, hope, and love. And we share the hope she had, confident that one day we will all be reunited.
• May the Good Shepherd of our souls comfort you as you grieve your beloved wife. Her faith and hope remind us that this life is not where our ultimate destinies lie.
• We pray for you as you go through the valley of the shadow of death. May the same God who has welcomed your wife into his presence now comfort you in your grief.
• We give thanks for the example of love and joy that your wife put on constant display. She will never be forgotten.
• Your wife’s joy was infectious. Her laughter followed her everywhere she went. And everyone who knew her was better off.
• Your wife was a true friend – the kind of person you can trust at all times. You and your family are in our prayers during this difficult time.
• Paul tells us that three things remain: faith, hope, and love. Your wife was an example of all three. And her legacy calls us to follow in her footsteps.
• Our prayers are with you as you grieve the loss of your beloved wife. Her steadfast spirit and loving heart were evident to all who knew her.
• Your wife’s quiet perseverance during so many troubles was a testament of God’s power to all who knew her. May the same Spirit who gave her peace do the same for you.
• May the God of all peace comfort you during this season of grief. And may the memory of your loving wife sustain you as you hope for the day that you’ll be reunited.
• Words cannot express the sorrow that our hearts feel at the news of your wife’s passing. She was a constant friend and a joy to be around.
• Your wife put God’s presence on display. Everyone who met her got to see the hands and feet of Jesus in action. May we live up to her example.
• Though our hearts grieve over the loss of your wife, we take heart and hope in the resurrection of Jesus and in his words, “The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.”
• May you find peace in the presence of the same God who has received your wife and now holds her in his arms.
• We pray for you during this time of grief. But we also give thanks for having known your wife – a woman who was a true example of Christian love to all who knew her.
• Your wife’s steadfast kindness was felt by all who knew her. She was dearly loved by all and will be deeply missed.
• Your wife was a true jewel – always a kind word on her lips and a loving action on her mind. She will not soon be forgotten.
• The love that you shared with your wife was an example to every married couple who knew you. Her passing reminds us of the brevity of life and the power of love.
• I’ll never forget the continual patience that was evident in your wife’s life. She had every opportunity to complain but never took it. She was an inspiration to us all.
• I never heard your wife speak ill of anyone. Instead, she was a constant source of encouragement, love, and hope. May we who knew her carry her legacy forward and live the same way.
• Your wife was known by all for her love, generosity, and faithfulness. She has left us with a legacy that is worth holding up and living into.
• Our hearts broke at the news of your wife’s passing. She was always a kindhearted friend who continually put others’ needs ahead of her own.
• We can’t help but sorrow as we think about your wife’s passing. And yet, we give thanks for having known a woman who was so dedicated to doing good everywhere she could.
• Your wife was full of joy. A smile seemed to come on every face that heard her name. And just being around her was an encouragement. We will all miss her dearly.
• I will never forget the way your wife made me want to become a better person. Her positive outlook and kind words were an encouragement to everyone she met.
• I’ve never met a woman quite like your wife. Inspiring. Loving. Hopeful. Full of life. She was all of that and more. And she won’t soon be forgotten.
• Words cannot express the grief of my heart as I think about your wife’s passing. She was a woman who seemed invincible. And though she’s gone, her memory will last forever.
• Your wife was an inspiration to all who knew her. We will always remember her love for her family, her dedication to her work, and her willingness to do the right thing, no matter what.
• It simply doesn’t seem possible that your loving wife could be gone. Her warm smile and friendly presence will be deeply missed.
• Your wife’s perseverance under so many trials has inspired everyone who had the privilege of knowing her. May we press on with the same sort of fervency.
• Your wife was one of those people that we all aspire to be like – kind to all, never speaking ill of anyone, and positive to a fault. We give thanks for the many memories we shared with her.
• Your wife inspired us to be more faithful, more loving, and more joyful. Her laughter was contagious and her smile, unforgettable. You have our deepest sympathies.
• Tears filled my eyes at the news of your wife’s passing. Her friendship sustained me through more than a few difficult spots. I’ll never forget the love she showed me.
• What can I say about your wife? She was a kind woman who never met a stranger. She always thought of others before herself and had a perpetual positive attitude. She was an inspiration to us all.
• Your wife’s presence has made an indelible mark on my life. Her words, her actions, and her quiet spirit have helped make me who I am today. And for that I’m thankful. You have my deepest sympathies.
Some of the Best Religious Sympathy Messages to Use
• I am praying for you to find healing through the Lord’s infinite love. Lend Him your worries and take comfort that He is always by your side.
• Although we may not understand the tragedies in life, we are always in the Lord’s hands. We’re praying that you find healing comfort.
• Please accept my deepest sympathies and know that my prayers are with you now and always. May God heal you in His infinite graces, and bless you with His love.
• We offer our deepest condolences during this difficult time. May you find comfort in the presence of the Lord, your healer.
• We pray that Christ, the Bread of Life, would satisfy your every need as you endure these difficult moments. You have our deepest sympathies.
Best Bible Verses to Include in a Sympathy Card
He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the Lord.
Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Please take a moment to pin this post to Pinterest.
Natalie Regoli, Esq. is the author of this post and the editor-in-chief of our blog. She received her B.A. in Economics from the University of Washington and her Masters in Law from The University of Texas School of Law. In addition to being a seasoned writer, Natalie has almost two decades of experience as a lawyer. If you have any questions about the content of this blog post, then please send Natalie a message here.